Today was Corynn's first day of school. She's been so excited for school to start. We got to her school and found her class room and met her teacher and got her things put away in her desk and then I found myself having a hard time leaving her! Maybe its easier to leave them when they get to 2nd grade! Allison sure was lost without Corynn here all day. Poor thing moped around all day saying, "I miss Corynn." We got to the bus stop around 2:30 (ten minutes early...didn't want to miss her) should of known I was overly paranoid when all the other mothers in the neighborhood casually walked up 10 minutes late. Then got very worried as I saw child after child get off the bus except for mine! So before the bus driver could shut the door I jumped on the bus and scanned a million(seriously had to have been a million) little toothless faces looking for the one that belonged to me and there she was just sitting there watching the other kids who were watching me the crazy lady calling out her name. Whew! She was indeed on the right bus so I gave the bus driver a quick "everything is okay, I'm not crazy smile" as I jumped off the bus in time to get a shot of her getting off the bus. She's giving me a "what is wrong with you mom?" look. I asked her how her first day was and she told me she had a lot more recesses than she did in Kindergarten and she liked the lunch I packed her. She said class was a little boring because she had to read words she already learned last year, I informed her that the first few days are usually a review of the previous year and that she'd be learning new things soon. She's obviously not my kid, I'm all about the easy stuff!
Monday, August 10, 2009
First Day of 1st Grade!
Posted by
Cottrells
at
3:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Don't think it gets any easier to send them off. Sending Briana off to middle school was tough and of course she says only three more years and then I'll be in high school, oh no.
LOVE THE OUTFIT!!!! I got a little choked up looking at these pictures! Such a big girl. Please tell her Aunt Stef is very, very proud of her!
Abby wants to tell Corynn that her favorite recess is lunch recess because she gets more time to play. She also wants to know if she likes riding the bus everyday.
So cute! Are we really old enough to have little school children?! Sure doesn't seem like it!
Her outfit is ROCKIN! I have been trying to let Sydney have some more freedom lately as she is going to Kindergarten and is all by herself for 3 hrs each day. It is harder than I thought. But we both love it.
Post a Comment