Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Moving/Hawaii

Po'ipu Beach

Opaeka'a Falls

Waimea Canyon

Headed to a Luau

We finally closed on our house in July(took 3 very long months). So most of June and July was spent packing/cleaning. Got into our house mid July and two weeks later Hyrum and I went to Kauai for 8 much needed days of rest and relaxation. However by day 5 I was missing my girls. The morning we were leaving Hyrum mentioned that I may have been a tad more excited to leave Hawaii than I was to go to Hawaii. I loved it though and we both want to go back (with the girls!)While we were there we kayaked the Wailua River then hiked to one of many water falls we saw, visited 3 different beaches one of which we snorkeled off of and got a little burned ;) we were going to hike the Waimea Canyon until we got there and realized it was the Grand Canyon of Hawaii! Beautiful though. Visited all the little towns along the coast and saw pretty much the whole island.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I think we may need to plan our next sisters' trip to Hawaii!!!

Heather K said...

Yay! (I talked to Breanna when she visited me with Leah after their Maynard friend got married in utah.) She updated me on your new house but didn't mention Hawaii!!! Good for you guys! We went to Kauia before we had kids and loved it. I think we did the same Kayak hike to falls and it was awesome. I love your Luau picture together. You guys look great! Miss ya!