We've started the potty training process with my two year old. I'm tired of having two children in diapers. Corynn was already potty trained and getting her own drinks, fairly independent, when Alli was born. But because Audra was an "unexpected blessing", she and Allison are less than 2 years apart. So for the last 4 months, we've gone through I don't even want to guess how many diapers and well, I'm tired of buying diapers at 20 bucks a box X2.
So this morning I'm sitting on the edge of the tub next to Alli who is sitting on her little plastic throne...I'm dosing...then I'm startled when she yells, "Ta-da!!!, I did it Mommy!" So I immediately start cheering, "Yeah, your a big gir"......then I notice she's holding up her little finger showing me a huge booger that she had been laboring diligently to remove since she woke up. Not quite what I was hoping for but good job Alli.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Here we go again...
Posted by
Cottrells
at
9:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
He he that was hilarious......kids are so gross and cute at the same time! I loved the TA DAH!
too funny. well written too-- you got a good laugh out of me.
i meant to comment back to you about how me and hyrum changed the letters around. ask him if he remembers what we wrote. i seem to remember it was something like: gregor grades on butts and boobs. does that sound about right? that still cracks me up. in fact i was just thinking of that the other day as i was pumping gas. there's a big chalk board set out near the road to advertise the fruit/veggie market's prices. i had the brilliant idea to bring some wet wipes and big chalk up there sometime and write something... well, maybe even a bit naughty. just a bit. ha ha. i don't know if i'll actually do it, but i really did put a lot of thought into it! i don't know if i'll work up the guts to do it, but if i do you better believe i'll post it!... stay tuned :)
Very nice. It's hard not to support her achievement when she's obviously so excited about it. You were probably a little disappointed but she is certainly showing some serious "stick-to-it-iveness" (pardon the shameless pun) at an early age. "Ta dah!" I love that.:)
That story is a classic! You will have to put that in her book so you can show her future husband someday!
Hi Cindy!
Your family looks awesome!!
Good luck potty training.
Sarah
Oh my gosh, that story made me laugh so hard I am in freakin' tears! Good luck with potty training :)
Post a Comment