Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Patch


We took the girls to pick pumpkins on Saturday. Every year we go to Buckelew Farm outside of Tucson. The girls love the horse drawn wagon rides to and from the pumpkin fields, finding the perfect one, and of course the petting zoo, snow cones and kettle corn (my favorite). This year one of the vendors was a man dressed like a pirate selling pirate stuff. Corynn got a picture with him then asked him where his ship was, he told her it was still in the ocean and that his crew made him walk the plank. She bought the story and gave him a hearty "ARRG!" The girls had a great time as usual and combined the pumpkins weighed in at 20 lbs. thank goodness for the wagon ride back to the weighing station.

4 comments:

TrishAnderson said...

I just heard about this farm for the first time this past week. I am sorry we won't be able to go. Alexis gets to go as a fieldtrip for school on Thursday - she is excited!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love this time of year, especially the pumpkins. :)

Jason said...

man, everyone is posting these kind of pictures and it's making me very homesick. note to self: NEVER again think it would be cool to live in another country. you just can't beat america.

Heather K said...

I love pumpkin patch pictures. Looks like a really fun place! I loved all the pictures. Your kids are adorable and you and Hyrum look GREAT too!