Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Concert, Santa, and more.



Thursday Hyrum and I started off this last weekend early with a concert that he had bought tickets to for my Birthday last month. I think Hyrum expected me to accept the tickets and invite someone for a girls night out. Nope I dragged him along and he was a very good sport. We saw Augustana(weird, but very good) Alanis Morrisette(not the scary,angry chick I thought her to be) and last but not least Sarah McLachlan who was fabulous I'll have you know! Friday we had our ward party and enjoyed great food and Santa. Santa had all of the kids sit down first and reminded them of the true meaning of Christmas. Then of course they sat on his lap and bombarded him with requests for every lead filled toy of every kind. Allison was first on his lap and just asked him for a candy cane that was sitting in a basket next to him. Corynn was next and asked him for one thing, and that thing is already hiding nicely in my closet...he,he. Anyhoo, Saturday was Hyrum's sister Sarah's baby shower which I had to miss due to the raging fever my Audra was running! I hate it when the doctor says its viral nothing you can do about it! Sorry Sarah! Hyrum worked saturday morning and then attended a missionary meeting that night(for one of his callings). It was a good meeting the mission president spoke to them. We tag teamed through church, he stayed home with the baby so I could go teach my lesson, then I flew home so he could go teach his lesson in Elder's quorum. Wheeeew. Weekend over! So is this lengthy post.

2 comments:

Jason said...

so where are pictures of YOU? and dangit-- i'm off that page now, did you say you already had your birthday, or is it still to come? you old woman. ha ha. but yes, post pictures of YOU!

Heather K said...

Your concert sounded like it would be really good! I love going to concerts. Go Hyrum good present! Sounds like you guys are busy and enjoying winter with santa and fevers! We just got snow here and it stinks to drive in!