Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pioneer Day Celebration

This weekend was the Pioneer Day celebration. It was kind of a re-run of the 4th only they had a parade in Snowflake that was a lot of fun. Thanks for saving us a great spot Hipps! There were some fun floats and we even saw a motorized garbage can!When the Elders came along the kids were kinda disapointed they didn't have any candy to give them! We went to an arts and crafts fair at the park after the parade where the kids played and I got a ton of fun new ideas for quilting, baby things, girlie hair things, signs and soooo much more I can't wait to get started except that I have to wait because there aren't any Michael's or JoAnn's around!!! I'll be visiting Tucson or the Valley soon! Anyhoo, we opted not to go to the rodeo(it was CRAZY WINDY as Corynn calls it) and played a rousing game of kickball in the back yard after dinner instead while we waited for the fireworks to start. Our block wall obstructed our view so we had to take our blankets and pillows and climb in the back of Hyrum's truck so we could watch the fireworks. We had a really fun day with the girls.

2 comments:

Rifle Fam said...

We were there too, visiting Chad's family, but I wasn't nice enough to pay for the rock wall. :) We did do a couple of the jumping castles and of course the kids loved all the candy at the parade. Looks like you guys had a fun time!

familywithfivekids said...

I just had to check in and see how you guys are doing - we miss you! It seems like you are settled in nicely and doing fun things.