Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Outstanding Citizen

Corynn recieved the "Outstanding Citizenship Award" at school. She was the only one in her class to recieve it. They made a really big deal out of it. Had her stand infront of the whole school, sang the school song, invited Hyrum and I and took our family's picture. When I picked her up from school later on that afternoon I told her that if she got that award again the Principal would give her a Taco Bell gift certificate, she said,"Oh! I hope I don't get that award again then! I don't like Taco Bell!" She's so funny, now she begins sentences with, "Now that I'm a citizen..." or "Being a citizen..." she's taking her award very seriously as she does most everything else.

Taylor Elementary School (K-3)

The "Outstanding Citizen"

We made her choice of dessert in her honor

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Gosh! It took them long enough to figure it out! She is definitely outstanding. Congrats Corynn!

Heather K said...

Wow she must be a well behaved, nice, smart girl to get that! The school looks like a good size and she seems happy there!

Rifle Fam said...

Cute! Being a good citizen, she may even be able to go somewhere besides taco bell. Looks like you guys are having fun and settling into your new home.