Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Happenings

We had the annual Cottrell Easter egg hunt/picnic this year out at Middle March area, in between S.D. and Tombstone at the base of those mountains, hmmm, not quite sure what mountains. Anyway lots of fun and great places to hide eggs and huge rocks for all the kids to climb. Boy did they get grubby, after awhile I wondered just how much of their hands and faces were covered in Oreos or dirt... After the hunt it started to rain on us a bit and got down right chilly so we packed up and went back to Grandpa & Grandma C's. As soon as we got there Hyrum and his dad took off to the school to play tennis(don't ask Hyrum who won). Easter morning the girls were thrilled with their baskets and were excited to wear their new dresses. I found matching dresses in all 3 sizes this year. I realized it will probably be the last though, because I got to thinking poor Audra will have to wear the same style of dress for the next six years(we recycle dresses at our house). Yesterday we headed back down to S.D. for more Easter and for Baby Teegan's blessing(Chris & Sarah's little guy). We had great food and some of them participated in a rather "heated" ping-pong competition. The girls were so excited for the Easter Bunny and whenever they brought it up we reminded them that the Easter bunny is a fun tradition but tried to re-focus them on the Savior and his gift to us. I hope you all had a memorable Easter.


Corynn and cousin Grason "on the hunt"

Alli found a lot on her own this year

I sat them on Grandma's couch for a quick pic on our way out to church!

Our family was incharge of dessert so we made a bunny cake although in the pictures it kind of looks like a mouse.

5 comments:

TrishAnderson said...

Fun easter egg hunt. I never thought of doing it in the mountains. I compeltely understand about the dreses - I changed it up and started buying the same dress in different colors - that makes it different, right?

Rifle Fam said...

Cousin Easter egg hunts are the best! You're lucky to live close to family for things like that.

Stefanie said...

Glad to see you guys had a fun Easter! It was weird with mom and dad out of town this year. I'm coming down on the 30th so I hope we can get together. I need to love on your girls!

Heather K said...

Looks like a good time. I loved playing out in those mountains by Cochise Stronghold. The matching dresses are adorable. I never got hand me downs as the oldest. =) The cake is super cute too!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Easter dresses! And the bunny cake is lovely.