Friday, July 25, 2008

Escape to the pines!

These are some of the pictures we took last weekend when we escaped to the mountains for a couple of days. My parents invited us up to Alpine to camp with them, they have a travel trailer which to me means, running water, shower and a real toilet. I'm not a fan of "roughing it". The weather was beautiful, I loved the afternoon rains. We camped near Luna Lake so Hyrum got to fish everyday but still came home fishless, probably because he had his girls with him and spent most of the time untangeling and recasting lines every 5 minutes. He was a good sport though and made sure they had fun. Hyrum would take the girls on a hike and quad ride everyday too. Thank you mom and dad for letting us crash any hopes of the two of you having a nice relaxing weekend in the pines!




5 comments:

mylittlegems said...

That looks so fun! Thank you for the nice comment-very cute. We got back about 2 months ago only to have my husband gone and still gone. Anyway- hope you are all doing well. Maybe I'll see you at Super Sat. Your girls are really cute!

Stefanie said...

Man, now I REALLY wish we had gone too! Oh well, next time. My nieces are incredibly cute!

Heather K said...

CUTE PICTURES. I want to go camping!

Jason said...

looks great there. i very much agree with you on the roughing it part. yes, the outdoors are pretty, but give me modern conveniences please or i just won't go.

Jason said...

ok, me again. so i just looked at the ardrys' blog after reading her comment. is that hyrum's sister or what? i was excited thinking it was....holy cow! my brain won't think! what's your older sister's name??? anyway, i thought it was her, but no. well, whatever her name is, how is she? :)