Friday, March 6, 2009

Leprechaun Trap

Today is Corynn's last day of school for Spring Break! Since St.Patrick's Day is during that break her teacher had them make leprechaun traps, she told them that she has a leprechaun problem every year in her classroom on St. Patty's Day. They run around and make messes and otherwise participate in all manner of hi-jinks and tomfoolery. Corynn had a lot of fun constructing hers. We posted pictures incase you have the same infestation Mrs. Kaufman has and need to make one of your own...

First we spray painted a shoe box gold and she decorated it with clover stickers

Find something shiny to lure him in then prop your box up with a stick

Here she's demonstrating what happens when you bump the stick

Leprechaun, shleprechaun he's sooo gonna get it!

Wish her luck!

5 comments:

Heather K said...

Cute project. You're such a good momma. I have only a few months left before Syd is in Kindergarten. I am not excited actually for school and waking up early and homework. It will be nice when all the kids are in school someday and you can relax and clean by yourself. Time fly's!

Kimberly said...

I love the pictures. And I think that we definatly need to make one of those traps this year. Thanks for passing the idea along.

Stefanie said...

She's brave. Leprechauns freak me out.

Rifle Fam said...

How fun! Make sure you take a picture of her catch.

TrishAnderson said...

How fun. I will ahve to try to remember to do that next year.

I was thinking about requesting Kaufman next year for my MacKenzie. How have you liked her?