My yard smells so nice because of these pretty little blossoms...
But they attract these little creatures!(might have to click to see it larger)
Corynn was playing outside while the other two girls were napping and I stuck my head out to check on her and smelled the blossoms. I grabbed my camera to take some pictures of the blossoms growing on our orange tree and said, "Corynn our tree is buzzing". Then I snapped the above shot of the bee. It had friends let me tell ya and they didn't like us near their/our tree! Suddenly there was a black cloud (a swarm) that rose from the tree and was headed for Corynn and I, I think, not sure, didn't stick around long enough to find out. I grabbed Corynn and ran for the house. We watched them from inside the house like the cowards we are and were quite relieved when they decided to leave our rather fragrant tree. Long story short if your tree is "buzzing" walk away.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Orange Blossoms
Posted by
Cottrells
at
3:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah, bees make me a little nervous. Okay, alot nervous!
That would FREAK me out! I was pulling weeds a few summers ago and pulled up a wasps nest and got stung on my legs and screamed and pulled all my clothes off down the halls to the shower. Sydney still tells people about it. Glad you guys were ok! BUZZING is not a good sound!
What a scary moment. My heart always starts punding when one of my kids is in trouble.
My grandparents had orange trees when I was growing up. That smell always reminds me of them. Sweet, Sweet smell.
Post a Comment